Before and After School Enriched Daycare Program
The English Montreal School Board’s B.A.S.E. (Before and After School Enriched) Daycare Program is a Quebec government subsidized supervision service offered outside regular class hours for preschool and elementary school children. The B.A.S.E. Daycare Program’s objective is to enhance the lives of children aged four to 12 years old by providing them with enriching educational activities set in a relaxed, safe and nurturing environment.
Read our Stories!
Follow us @emsbbase for the latest news!
- Provide a welcoming and nurturing environment that ensures the safety and general well-being of the children served.
- Complement and contribute to the achievement of the school’s educational project objectives.
- Promote a culture of student success by coordinating activities and recreational projects pertaining to six educational cores: Homework and Snack, Creative Arts, Media Awareness, Physical Activity, Environmental Consciousness and Specialty Programs, such as those tailored for children with special needs. All of these programs contribute to the children’s overall development.
- Encourage the development of the children’s social skills, such as respect, cooperation and openness to others.
- Offer homework support after school by providing students with an appropriate place in which to work and the time and materials they require.
- Build a professional learning community that contributes to early childhood education and care by upgrading the competencies of the daycare staff through continual professional development and mentoring programs.